Pregnancy, Birthing and Postnatal Counselling and Support
September 6 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00am on Friday, repeating until December 31, 2019
One-on-one counselling for pregnancy, birth and postnatal journeys.
Situated at various locations on the Mid North Coast of NSW through private practice.
Each session will be for 50 mins, with Medicare rebates available for up to 3 sessions.
A referral will be needed from a GP under the Non-Directive Pregnancy Support Counselling Services – item number 81005.
Sessions can cover a wide variety of issues and topics such as:
- Physical mechanics of birthing
- Emotional journey of birthing
- Spiritual journey of birthing
- Birth plans
- Pre natal depression
- Post natal depression
- Fears around pregnancy, birthing, postnatal care
- Support during birth
- Support after birth
- Lactation/ Breast feeding
- Home birth
- Hospital birth
- VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Caesarian)
- Relationship support
- Social support networks
- Relaxation and meditation techniques
- Body movement techniques
- Birth trauma
- Still birth
- Loss of child
- Living arrangements
- Pregnancy complications
- Medical interventions during the birthing process